Prizes and Awards
Francesca Buffa, European Research Council Consolidator Programme Award (applying for extension to 2024).
Andrea Celli, awarded the 2017 Lesmo prize for the best Italian MSc Thesis in Artificial Intelligence.
- Riccardo Zecchina and Marcc Mezard, awarded (with G. Parisi) the Lars Onsager Prize in Theoretical Statistical Physics by the American Physical Society "For innovative work applying spin glass ideas to computational problem sets, producing both new classes of efficient algorithms and new perspectives on phase transitions in their structure and complexity,"
- Riccardo Zecchina, 2015, E. Kramer Prize, 2015, for contributions in biophysics and biomathematics, Milan Academy of Sciences.
- Alon Rosen, ERC Advanced Grant, Fine-Grained Cryptography (€2.49mln)
- Alon Rosen, Fondazione Cariplo, Bando ERC (€340k)
- Dirk Hovy, MIUR FARE, INDOMITA (€289k)
- Debora Nozza, grant from Fondazione Cariplo for MONICA (MONItoring Coverage, Attitudes and Accessibility of Italian measures in response to COVID-19)
- Luca Trevisan, MIUR FARE
- Francesca Buffa, 1 st Prize PhD Project Presentations. “Mathematical modelling of radiation response in hypoxic conditions” (Abstract published in: Med Phys 29259)
Dirk Hovy, Twitter Health Metrics grant, co-PI ($1.3M total, 190K EUR as coPI) - Faculty research grant, marketing department Bocconi, PI (10,000 EUR as PI)